Web Scraping and Mapping Dam Levels in Python and Leaflet
Welcome to Web Scraping and Mapping Dam Levels in Python. In this course
you will be exposed to multiple technologies, and topics such as: Web Scraping
ETL, Python Django Programming, Web Mapping, and Data Visualization. You
will combine each of these topics and technologies to create an end-to-end GIS
• You will learn how to apply web scraping to collect dam level data from a
• You will then build a model, that you will use to plot the dam level data on a
map using leaflet.
• You will learn how to use the Django Template Engine instead of Ajax, to
pass data from the back-end to the front-end.
• You will learn how to build a spatial database using PostgreSQL.
• You will also learn how to build a small dashboard that floats over your
map, which will contain graphs that will visualize your model.