A fun course geared towards kids, ages 8 to 99. Material is introduced in small segments, and reviewed frequently throughout the course.
You will learn:
- Blender shortcuts
- Using a rig of Minecraft characters and objects
- Animation basics
- Camera control
- Importing a Minecraft world from a save game
- Adding sound
- Basic physics
- Creating your own character
- Basic understanding of the file system (opening, saving, and locating files)
- Enough coordination to use multiple key commands (CTRL + ALT + 0)
- Read well enough to understand lecture notes following each lesson.
- Have a mouse with a scroll wheel
Introduction and Setup
Basic Controls, Rigs, and Animation
Learn to select, rotate, move, and scale objects.
Pose the minecraft rig.
Insert keyframes and work with cameras
Produce a video with the animation.
The default layout and windows management
Setting the Scene
Create background scenery and light the scene
Use JMC2obj to import a minecraft world directly from your game.
Edit the settings to get the minecraft import to display correctly.
Insert sound clips, and animate an object using the physics simulation.
Copy and paste poses from one time frame to another.
Create a more realistic walk cycle (for minecraft) and use the dope sheet editor.
Use the action editor and the NLA editor to combine and repeat actions
Make a character or object follow a path.
Make a camera follow an object
Add items to the armature.
Put armor on the rig
Change the rigs skin to any available minecraft skin.
Learn the particle system, useful for storms, sparks, enchantment particles, etc.
Creating your Own Character
Create a simple minecraft shark shape.
Add texture to characters
Add an armature to your character.
More resources to continue learning character modelling.